homeaboutmecontactpicturehomepinterestshop

Monday, September 28, 2009

spare bedroom remodel

Happy Monday! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! My mom's side of the family came to visit, which helped me speed up the remodel of our spare bedroom. As promised, I wanted to share some before and after pictures.

Before:
The chandelier before I painted it:

After:





I will post soon about how I made the window treatments. They're super easy and inexpensive (less than $50 for both)! Also, I made the headboard out of old shutters I found in our attic when we moved in. Currently, we do not have a box spring for the bed. That's why the mattress looks a little low and the shutters look a little high. I hope to change this very soon! Sorry the lighting is so terrible in the photos. I am working on my photography skills, but I look these pictures late last night and there was zero natural light. I am thinking I need a new fancy camera :)

8 comments:

Jen said...

i love all of it! and the cornus boards turned out great...good work rach! i hope to make one in our master but the window is super long...i will definitely need your help.

can't wait to see it in person!
jen

SavGarcia said...

wow! this looks amazing! great job

Anne said...

I LOVE IT! I am so impressed, it looks awesome. I need to come see all of your newly done rooms!

Eric said...

I will have to say, I was skeptical at first, but when all was said and done, I really do think it looks great! I'm starting to realize that you have a gift and I have to trust your opinion when it comes to decorating things, even though I don't like it at first normally. Sorry about the shutters too, I'll fix those soon. Also,I hope you're happy that I'm posting on your blog finally! Love you!

(By the way, I love the picture of Carson licking her butt on the bed in that picture...classic! You don't need a fancy camera to capture that amazing moment!)

Shannon said...

rach it looks wonderful. i'm so excited you stuck with that fabric! it looks fabulous!

and it also makes me really excited that your hubs finally posted on your blog. you should commend his fantasy football team or something. or not. :) heart you.

ps...i will sleep in that bed soon. i call the pink room when i come home!

Anonymous said...

Nice job Rachel, can't wait to meet you for lunch some day when you are not busy and see your home.

michelle hoard said...

I saw your pelmet box on LGN!! I had to come over and ask you what was the name or where did you get the fabric?? love it!! :) thanks!

Rachel said...

Michelle,
The fabric is Duralee. You can find it here: http://www.duralee.com/fabrics/product.php?pattern_id=21256&ubrands=&utypes=&udesigns=&ucolors=Orange/Rust,Green,Pink&limit=16&total=66
Feel free to email me if you have any other questions!