homeaboutmecontactpicturehomepinterestshop

Saturday, September 5, 2009

movie review & a cup of tea


Happy Weekend, Readers! I recently got home from a little date with E. I somehow convinced him to see Julie and Julia with me. In spirit with the movie, I had to come home and blog. It was the only thing that seemed fitting. Also, the football season seems to have begun and E is captivated by every game. While he watches every game, I feel like it is the perfect opportunity for me to blog. It hasn't come up yet, but I foresee one problem. You see, E has a mild addiction. {Since I work in with these types of things everyday you would think I could help, but I have been unsuccessful} E is addicted to fantasy football. He may disagree, but like I said I am around addictions everyday, so I feel like I can call it what it is. For the past two years, E has watched the games on the weekends and had our computer in front of him to track his points. If I plan on blogging during these games, who will get the computer? I guess we will have to battle it out...

Anyway, I liked the movie. If I were a critic, I would say it isn't one of my all time favorites, but it was inspiring. I loved that it was a true story & I loved the movie set. The things I would do for some of her copper cookware! E didn't enjoy it the same way I did.
So, if you haven't seen it yet, I would maybe make it a girlfriend outing. The movie has inspired me to cook something new. This Fall I think I am going to try to bake a pumpkin roll. Something about the spirals intimidates me, but I am going to give it a try.

I have learned from watching my parents, that after a delicious meal, nothing is more fitting than a warm glass of tea. My parents have been married almost 25 years, and for as long as I can remember they have shared a glass of tea after every meal. There is something so relaxing about enjoying conversation over a warm cup of tea {after your belly is full of course}. Maybe this is one of the secrets to a long happy marriage {the conv
ersations...although I don't think the tea hurts either}. I think that growing up with this tradition, has spurred on my love for tea. I was flipping trough a catalog I received in the mail this afternoon and I found these lovely glass teapots...

The caption in the catalog says, "why boil water behind a metal barricade? {good question} It's not nearly as pleasurable as the pure pleasure of watching water gather steam in this safe, heat-proof lab glass kettle {I agree}". I have a feeling this teapot may appear on my Christmas list this year...

One last thing, I know it's not really fitting with this post, but I want to share the new bed frame E and I recently purchased...


Currently on my list of to-do's, is make a roman shade for the windows above the bed. I plan on using this yellow houndstooth. What do you think?


Enjoy the rest of your weekend! No matter where you are reading from, go outside and catch a glimpse of the full moon. I am tempted to start talking about our distance from the moon & how amazingly detailed God is, but that another conversation, for a later post.

4 comments:

Holly said...

Rach! I just saw that movie tonight too! I came home and starting making dinner, talking like Julia :)

Anonymous said...

Rachel you just too cute. I so enjoy hearing about the things you do.

Cory said...

dusty is also addicted to fantasy football (well not just football, but all fantasy sports.) maybe we should send them somewhere...

also, i saw the moon last night and it was INCREDIBLE! i so wish i had a camera that could capture the beauty!

love you :)

Shannon said...

i really really want to see that movie! i think i may want to read the book first and then see the movie. how can we not? it's about blogging and cooking! love that!