homeaboutmecontactpicturehomepinterestshop

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

fallin'

A prayer for you and I...

Philippians 4:7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I need a little bit of this peace in my life today. When my day of work and school is finished, I plan on finding me some :)

When I am in a place where I accept that God is who He says He is, I find that peace.

While reflecting on the truths of Philippians 4:7, I plan on sipping on a pumpkin spice latte & planting some mums! Maybe even some pansies too! Sometimes I feel guilty about spoiling myself, but the longer that I work in a helping profession, the more I realize this is a vital part of my job. You can call it spoiling...OR...you can call it se
lf-care.

So this evening, I will enjoys these Fall treats and feel zero guilt.
Fall is my absolute favorite season! There is something about the Fall that I find peaceful...and like I said, I need that peace in my
life. Here are a couple of reasons why I am excited for Fall:


1. Pumpkin spice lattes
2. Taking Stella to Evan's Orchard and picking pumpkins
3. Visiting the four Weimaraners that live at Evan's

{Tangent Warning} E, if you are reading this, Stella wants me to tell you that she would like a friend. Here is who she has picked:
{Ok back to the list}
4. Planting mums & pansies
5. I get to wear my new fun boots
6. It's almost Christmas
7. Thanksgiving Dinner
8. Candy Corn
9. Carving Pumpkins
10. Baking Pumpkin Seeds
11. Pumpkin Pie
12. Warm cozy sweaters
13. Cooking chili and soup
14. Filling vases with small pumpkins


What are some of the things you love about the Fall?




11 comments:

Lucianna said...

i'm glad to know that fall is a holiday. there are exactly 114 days until Christmas, which is my favorite holiday - i second that! and it seems like i get to go camping more in the fall without sweating as much. i know you do too, rach!

Rachel said...

I got way too excited writing about Fall. Let me clarify, Fall is my favorite season! haha

I also enjoy camping in the Fall, although I act like a baby when I get cold!

jenna said...

fall SHOULD be a holdiay :) it is fantastic.
i love: carving pumpkins, jeans and sweater weather, going to apple orchards, pretty leaves, crisp air, apple cider, no humidity, carmel apples...
i'll stop. i feel excited though. lets all go to a pumpkin patch!!

..if you get that dog, jen will never come over

Jen said...

what is REALLY funny is that i was going to say...."if you get that dog i will NEVER come over again"

thank you jenna for looking out for me.

when i was in middle school two Weimaraners attacked my neighbor and and took huge chunks out of her leg (and she was wearing two pairs of pants.

Holly said...

Rach,

Future Social Worker, to Present Social Worker... I will defiantly use the phrase "self care" :)

You deserve it!!!

Shannon said...

fall is my third favorite season. i think i have been out-voted. summer is where my heart is. then spring. i do like fall though. particularly because of halloween (my favorite holiday..well i have three. 1. my birthday 2. christmas and halloween tied. tangent sorry)

anyway, i hope you get that pup. i will be so happy. but it looks like everyone else will hate you. do it. :)

Anonymous said...

I love fall and winter, love the autumn leaves, the smell of cool in the air, the fires burning and walks in the woods. You feel like snuggling in and preparing for a more laid back season, more contemplation. To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven.

the Poston's said...

and baby silas!

not to mention, i'm completely discontent right now sitting in my office, thinking about all the fun fall things i want to be doing/eating/experiencing/soaking up.

stupid work

Unknown said...

I LOVE FALL SO MUCH!!!!

It is the best season for sure. I like pretty much everything that everyone else listed, but just because I like them so much I'll leave you my own list:

jeans, pumpkin patches, fall leaves crunching under my feet on the sidewalk, riding my bike and looking at the trees changing colors, camping and not sweating, chili and skyline dip, soups of all types, apple cider, football games all weekend, and mostly: KEENELAND.
Good thing I live REALLY far away and can't ever come. I hate that.

Also, Rach, get that dog. It would be so fabulous. Except your BFF would hate you. And Mandy and Lu wouldn't come over either.

Pamela said...

also amazing is that we live really close to the largest corn maze in kentucky!!! we went last year and it was in the shape of abraham lincoln. it was awesome.

bluehydrangea said...

Love your Fall list. My favorite thing is Fall days at the beach! tourist are gone, the weather is perfect and no more sunburn!