homeaboutmecontactpicturehomepinterestshop

Monday, March 22, 2010

you are my sunshine

E and I painted this chalkboard above our dresser awhile, but the weather has been so crummy that I have not been able to get a good picture - until yesterday!

We simply painted the chalkboard right onto the wall, and added the molding as we frame.

Easy peasy. 


I know that I have shared before, but I'll tell ya again :) The "you are my sunshine" poster is in memory of my parents and grandpa/pap singing me and my siblings that song as babes.

On the bottom of the board I wrote the scripture from 1 Peter 3:15 -

But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. 

This verse is so so special to me! This is the verse that I had carved into the inside of E's wedding band. 

I could say so much about this short verse, but that is another post for another time.

I hung twine and attached photos and other memorabilia with miniture clothes pins. 

Family shot from out wedding and an oldie from h.s. graduation.

Vintage hankie, post card from E and I's honeymoon to Moorea, Tahiti {amazing}, and an old letter E left on my windshield one night while we were dating.

Another hankie and a little card that I put up to poke fun at E's hoarding nature.

Our wedding invitation that E made  and  list that I wrote for him during our first year of marriage. It's kind of blurry, but it's a list of things that I would like to do that weekend :)


Since the family was coming. we finally hung up some drapes. And, since the family was coming our bed was actually made for once. A perfect opportunity to snap a picture to share with you!

 

3 comments:

Michael & Joe Joe said...

Well that's fun! This week we memorized 1 Pierre 3:15 in French. Pretty cool, eh?

jenna said...

rachel, i love your chalkboard!! so cute!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say hello someplace. Found [url=http://www.google.com/ncr]you guys through google[/url]. Hope to contribute more soon!
-zepsnaweest