homeaboutmecontactpicturehomepinterestshop

Friday, June 25, 2010

my bedroom smells like an old book

Here's a little DIY!
E kept trying to convince me to name the title of this post ... words with friends ... I refused because I HATE that game.

If you've been reading the blog, then you know that I've been wanting to cover one of our bedroom walls with pages from an old book.

I bought a couple of old readers digest books many weeks ago, but I've been putting the project off. 



Since this is my last week off work {I start my new job on Monday}, I figured that I better get busy. 

So here you go ... the evolution of a wall...

Before
{sorry about the picture of the cats butt}


1. Buy old books, wall paper paste, and some foam sponges. 


2. Tear out pages and cut off rough edges with scissors.



3. Cover the back of each page with the wallpaper/border paste. Stick to the wall. I'd also keep a credit card handy to smooth air bubbles!

{Yes, I am wearing strawberry shortcake pants. What can I say, I'm a classy lady}

4. Stand back and enjoy!


Here's the wall from a few other angles





It was a little time consuming, but overall a very easy project!

7 comments:

Jade Cook said...

this looks so cool!! nice job!

and i hate the game words with friends too! i guarantee our husbands play each other...

Jenny said...

I love this idea!! You did such a great job :)

Baby Momma said...

Omgosh! I'm so impressed! It looks amazing! What a creative idea!

Cory said...

Rach this is gorgeous! I love the way it turned out!

Disney said...

Whoa. Hello, my newest project!

Anonymous said...

I love it! and that globe in your room is fantastic, too. :)

Mayje said...

hi! amazingly beautiful!