homeaboutmecontactpicturehomepinterestshop

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

he makes no mistakes




Last Friday, Eric and I anxiously waited for our doctor to deliver the amazing news - we were expecting our first baby.

Four days later we waited for the doctors phone call to inform me that I had a miscarriage.

This is so hard. 
I went back and worth, deciding if this was too personal to share. I decided that writing about it would help me gather my thoughts, emotions, and most of all support. 

I only knew I was pregnant for a couple days, but it was so exciting. 
It's amazing that you could love something so itty bitty ... so very much.

Please be in prayer for Eric and I. 
Please lift up your hearts to God that as we grieve this loss, He would mold our hearts closer together. 

I feel a deep sense of loss, but at the same time I know that God is an amazingly sovereign God. 

HE MAKES NO MISTAKES 

...He makes no mistakes...
That is the truth that I want to rule in my heart.

    The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away;
       may the name of the LORD be praised
Job 1:21

Also, please pray for my appointment with the doctor tomorrow. My lab results also showed that part of my blood type is RH negative. This isn't totally uncommon, but it is something that could affect future pregnancies.
 

Please pray for us as we continue on this journey.
I would love to be a mom someday.

Psalm 34:18
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your loss Rachel and Eric.No matter how small you fall in love and it is difficult to accept. You now have a little angel in heaven.

Disney said...

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry. I am so sad for you. I had a miscarriage last year on my husband's birthday when I was 9 weeks, and it was really devastating. I also had one last month (on my dad's birthday!) at about the same time as you. It's so sad. But it must be especially sad when it's your first pregnancy, so I'm so sorry for you! I will keep your future family in my prayers :o)

P.S. That verse in Job was the one that came to my mind at my first miscarriage, too. It's wonderful :o)

Katie said...

trust in the lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. proverbs 3:5-6

we love you.

Anne said...

We love you all so much and our hearts are breaking for you. You are definitely in our prayers.

Jen said...

my dear friends-

we love you both tremendously. Ben & I will be praying for you all & your hearts. the lord has great plans for you & you will be fantastic parents someday!

LOVE-
Jen & Ben

Jade Cook said...

shaun and i were so sorry to hear this news. we are praying for you guys and know that you all will be great parents someday soon. we love you guys.

~jade & shaun

Kari said...

I am so sorry to hear about this loss for you two. I will keep you in my prayers as your hearts heal during this sad time.

Kayla said...

So sorry Rachel, we will pray for you and Eric.