homeaboutmecontactpicturehomepinterestshop

Friday, November 20, 2009

weekend plans anyone?

Happy Friday blog stalkers! Anyone have any big plans for this weekend? This weekend I am going to be tackling these two things...

I am going to hit the books this weekend. I've mentioned it before, but I will say it again - I AM ALMOST DONE WITH SCHOOL!

As excited as I am to be finishing up school, I think I am equally anxious about the comprehensive exam that I will be taking on December 2nd. Does anyone else real
ize how freaking soon December 2nd is??? Way too soon! Please pray - that's all I can say.

It was a little treat to watch a Beth Moore video in my bible study last night about peace. God certainly must know the anxiety I am feeling about this exam. Beth make one profound yet simple point last night that I am clinging to. She simply laid out the truth that peace is not about our circumstances, but all about submitting and being under the authority of God. Living under the umbrella of God's authority is what brings real, lasting peace. This is so encouraging to me, because it means that peace is possible no matter what the si
tuation or circumstances are! Praise God for His power and authority.



The second thing on my to-do list is to see my grass again. Yes, my yard looks a lot like this one. Thankfully, my wonderful mother and father in-law are coming up on Saturday to help us tackle the yard. Everyday I look outside and think "if we don't get those leaves off soon, the grass is going to DIE!" This weekend I also get to meet with newest addition to the family, my in-laws new dog. Is that not the biggest dog you have ever seen in your life? Let me remind you, Stella is a golden retriever, and while she is petite for a golden, she is no little lady. Their new dog makes Stells look like such a little shrimp! I am excited to see these girls play in the leaves.
So that's about it! I may make a little bit of jewelry too. OK, I will probably make a couple pieces. Don't worry, they will show up on the side bar!


What are your weekend plans?
Anything more exciting than raking leaves and studying?
Surely not...

No comments: