homeaboutmecontactpicturehomepinterestshop

Thursday, January 21, 2010

i think ... i love ... you are ...

I must admit, I HATE greeting cards. Don't be mistaken, I love sweet notes and love letters. But, I cannot stand buying a card with someone else's words and then just signing my name. I think it is the biggest waste of $4.00 I have ever seen. I would much rather send and receive a piece of notebook paper with someone's own words and thoughts any day.

I think that part of my dislike for them has come from my mom. My mom LOVES greeting cards. As a child {and still today}she would make me read each one out loud on my birthday. I read them, but the whole time I am thinking ... you didn't even write this.

I know that people are trying to be sweet and the stolen words they chose are a representation of how they feel ... I get that ... and I think that the intention is sweet. But it's still silly to me.

When E and I got married I added up all of the cards we had received for showers and from the big day, and it was truly unbelievable how much money people spent on cards.
 

Ok, enough of my ramble ...

While I do not generally love greeting cards, I could totally go for a couple of these ...



They are truly perfect! There's the convenience of a card for the non-artsy type, but you can fill in your own thoughts and emotions. I have already messaged the seller and asked if she would like to make a little trade with Stella Bella Boutique.

She also is selling these adorable valentines. I love them as well. If you are more of the handmade valentine type, you could always use some of these phrases for inspiration.




Both products are created by Little Aviary. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Cute finds! I agree. I can't stand greeting cards written for me. But, I do love super cute BLANK greeting cards. Then people get a cute card with my words. Perfect!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.