homeaboutmecontactpicturehomepinterestshop

Sunday, May 23, 2010

entering the world of unemployment: greetings from Paris

Bonjour Bloggers!



I wasn't sure if I would get internet connection, but it turns out I do!

So ... here I am writing you from France. 


E and I have been adventuring all over France for the past week. 
We've made it to Notre Dame, The Luve, Versailles, the top of the Eiffel Tower, the Arche de Triomphe, Mont St. Michel, and the WW2 D-Day beaches in Normandy.



We've dined on macarones (they sell those in McDonalds here ... heaven), french onion soup, escargot, creme brulee, fondue, fish in a heavy cream sauce, lots of baguettes, lots of cheese, crepes,  chocolate croissants, organina, and beef bourguignon.




I don't want to spend  too much time of here, but I did want to say hello.


Now I need to get to packing ... in the morning we will say au revoir to France, and ciao to Italy. 



If this last picture doesn't convince you to visit France ... then I don't know what will.

7 comments:

Katie said...

Rachel! Wow! It looks like you guys are having an amazing time! Soooooo jealous! Kyle and I have a trip to Europe in our 2-5 year plan - and you've just convinced me that maybe I should move it up to NOW! I hope Italy is just as wonderful!

jenna said...

so so so fun! i love all your pictures!

Jen said...

YAY YAY YAY!

read up on france during a commercial on Lost...the perfect combination. the only thing that could make it better...ben & i in france WITH you all WATCHING lost.

LOVE from the states-
Jen

Anne said...

Looks like soooo much fun. Glad you all are having a blast! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back. Hope you have an amazing time in Italy :)

Clinton and Randi said...

Okay, you might have convinced me that France could be a magic place to visit. I usually just dream of Italy and Greece, but France looks and sounds like lots of fun! I can't wait to hear all of your stories! I hope you LOVE italy!!! I want to go there soo bad!!! :)

Cory said...

yay! looks like you all are having a wonderful time! beautiful pictures! can't wait to hear all about it when you return. love you!

Unknown said...

Woo-woo!! Rach, this looks fabulous! I love that you both look so happy. :)

We're coming to Lex this weekend, but we'll miss you guys. Hope to see you soon!