homeaboutmecontactpicturehomepinterestshop

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

a new do


Today I'm going to get my hair did.
I'm not really doing anything new - just a trim. 
Boring huh? 
I want it to keep growing, but after awhile it turns into a tangled, split-end mess .... that's when I know it is time.

I'm trying out a new stylist today. I wasn't unhappy with my last one, but I'm heard amazing things about the new girl I'm going to so I thought - why not try something new.
I am probably a hair stylist worst nightmare. I come in and leave happy, but then they don't see me again for another four or five months. I really only get my haircut like 3 times a year. I should probably work on this - hence the tangled, split-end mess I've got going on. 

My favorite part about going to a hair cut is having them wash my hair. Ohh la la. I hope this new lady is a good hair washer. 

After the trim, I'm heading home to grill steaks with E. Tonight's our date night. I don't really need a steak seeing that I just ate three pieces of pizza for lunch. Confession time, yesterday I started my two weeks of amazing health. I'm not calling it a diet. I have had terribly messed up body image and eating habits in the past, so dieting isn't really an option for me. But ... I decided that I would eat really healthy and feel good during these two weeks before we leave for Europe ... maybe even lose a couple of pounds. Then, I'd go to Europe and eat whatever my heart desires ... and hopefully come home feeling okay about it. Well, since my plan started I have had a chocolate doughnut (I couldn't refuse, someone brought them in to work for free) ... chocolate cake ... and pizza (once again, I couldn't refuse - the cake said "good luck Rachel" - what was I to do? I had to eat it)
I HAVE NO SELF-CONTROL PEOPLE! 
Looks like the girls and I will be going on another run tonight.

Also ... super excited for another new episode of LOST tonight. I hope more of the mystery is revealed. I hope it makes sense. I hope that I am less "lost" after watching it.
Yay for date nights!

1 comment:

the Poston's said...

from all women everywhere i think we unite to say

dear rachel,
PLEASE DO NOT LOSE ANY WEIGHT.
NOT.EVEN.ONE.POUND.
PLEASE.
pleasepleaseplease.

you'regonnamakeallofuslookbad.

love,
angela

p.s. i'm sending some more doughnuts to your office as we speak.
happy eating:)