homeaboutmecontactpicturehomepinterestshop

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

knock-off furniture & a yummy dinner


I recently found this blog and I just have to share it with you. It is full of great DIY's. Everyone loves Pottery Barn furniture right? Well this lovely blogger shows you exactly how to make your own PB knock-offs. Her slogan - how to build knock-out, knock-off furniture. I am dying to build a knock-off console table from PB. Although she doesn't have the plans for this exact piece,  I can still use her how-to's to help me recreate my piece.


 Someday I will get to this project ... someday. If only I didn't have to work everyday! Work really gets in the way of all of the things I want to do. Maybe someday soon I will find a job that I am truly passionate about {I'm working on it}.


Anyways, here is just a little example...




I hope that you find a little inspiration here as well. Let me know if you end up making something. 

I also wanted to share with you all this other great blog find. On Monday night I was planning on making chili for dinner, but I just wasn't feeling it. I was feeling something creamy and full of carbs. Anyone else get these urges? I started searching and ended up with this.

Shrimp Scampi with Linguine

 I highly recommend it! Super yummy! I got a little lazy and decided not to take any pictures of the cooking process, but you can find the recipe here. This would be an amazing meal to make if you are planning a romantic in-home Valentine's date.

Enjoy!




No comments: