homeaboutmecontactpicturehomepinterestshop

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

pregnancy diaries - 15 weeks







a little update:

how preggo am I?
15 weeks 
(actually I'm 16 weeks today but I like to recap the week before)

gender
we actually just found this out today at our 16 week ultrasound - so I'll give you a little news ahead of time ...
the verdict is in .... IT"S A BOY!!! 
I have to say that I knew it. I had that gut feeling. My dr. said that when the mom has a gut feeling that they she is usually correct 85% of the time.
When the ultrasound tech told us I wasn't surprised at all. E videoed the whole visit. He is going to be the best dad in the world. 
I am so excited to be able to say "he" or "him" instead of it. 
We're also narrowing down on boy names. We're about 95% set on one, but we still haven't committed. 

weight gain
I'm not sure how much I've gained since last week when I went to the dr. and weighed in plus 10. I feel like looking at my belly in the pictures that I can tell I am getting bigger, but so far I think my pants/shirts fit about the same. I don't notice them being a lot tighter. People continue to make comments about how "big" I am for only being 15 weeks. I'm not sure how you're supposed to take those comments. I guess I'm getting used to it.

maternity clothes
Maternity pants all the way. They're so much more comfortable. I would wear the same pair of Gap maternity jeans everyday if my employer wouldn't mind :) I am still wearing all of my normal shirts. I am also wearing a lot of non-maternity leggings.

movement 
Last week I wasn't sure, but this week I know it has to be HIM moving around in there. I don't feel any strong movements, but I do feel a mix between popping or stirring in my stomach every now and them. I was sitting in the movies this weekend and know for sure that I could feel him moving. It's so hard to describe what it feels like. This week I told E that it feel like someone is taking a large spoon and stirring my stomach. Super weird right? I don't think that even describes it, but it's the first thing that came to my head.

sleep 
Sleep has remained about the same. I get up 1-2 times a night to pee, but other than that I sleep fine. I have become pretty used to sleeping on my side only - it doesn't really bother me anymore.

what I miss
There's not a lot that I miss this week. Maybe still steaming hot baths a little, but not as much as in the beginning.

cravings 
Nothing new here - CHIPOTLE.
I still feel the same - I could eat it everyday. It's probably a good thing the town that I work in doesn't have a Chipotle. I also ate some Cinnamon ice cream when I was visiting family for Christmas and loved it. I have been thinking about eating it again quiet often :)

symptoms 
This week my belly continued to grow larger. I guess that's what happens when you're pregnant. I also had some abdominal pain this week. It freaked me out a little, but after talking to people and doing a little bit of research I believe that it was caused by the stretching of my round ligament. 
I haven't been as hungry this week, but when it hits, it hits. I can't go as long between meals, and there is no in between hunger. Once I feel hungry then it goes straight to starving. 
Since this past week was Thanksgiving I ate a lot of turkey and other yummy foods. I did notice though that we I got full, I was really full. Extra uncomfortable full. Like there was no space in my stomach and all of my organs were squished together. 
Lastly, we travelled a lot since it was the holiday and I was once again reminded that my motion sickness is so much worse since being pregnant.

fears
stretch marks - none yet - woo hoo. If you know of any remedies that actually work - please share.
I have a weird fear that I won't know how to relate to a boy. I told E this and I think he brushed it off like I am crazy. I guess I just feel like I know a lot more about girls bc I am one. 
I also fear labor - who doesn't though right? I continue to go back and forth between natural and epidural. This week I am leaning more towards epidural. I may sign up for birthing classes at our local women's spa and talk to them about different options. 

best moment of the week
1. Seeing all of our family for Thanksgiving. This was the first time we saw our family since I have been showing. We had not seen them in over 7 weeks, so it was really exciting to show off the bump. I love seeing how excited both E and I's parents are about becoming grandparents.

2. This moment is technically from 16 weeks, but I will include it here anyways. Having our second ultrasound and finding out that this little baby inside of me is in fact a BOY! E and I are going to have a son. Wow, this is all so overwhelming. Having the ultrasound in general was great. We saw the profile of the baby, the little arms, legs, fingers, and toes. We saw and heard the heart beating, his stomach, brain, and spine. It was so cool. I can't being that he is growing so perfect inside of me. It is truly a miracle. God is good. 

4 comments:

Anne said...

Yes! I was right! So excited for you guys!

Jade Cook said...

YEAH!! Eric texted Shaun last night - we are so excited for you both!! And you will relate fine to a boy. He will be your boy and no one will know him better than you.

Jennifer said...

Congratulations Rachel! I love your blog, especially your pregnancy updates, it's fun to follow along such an exciting time! Hope the rest of the pregnancy goes great!

kathy said...

Congrats on it being a boy! I have two of them. I totally understand your feelings about not knowing how to relate to a boy, but once that baby is born, you will never imagine him as being anything other than what he is.

And as the mother of a teenager and a preteen, I can definately attest, at least what I've heard from friends with daughters, that boys are definitely easier.