homeaboutmecontactpicturehomepinterestshop

Monday, November 1, 2010

around the house on halloween


Happy Monday Bloggers! 
I know this post is a day late, but I guess that's my blogging style lately.
Better late than never though - right?

E and I had a really fun Halloween. We spent some good quality time together, around the house, and with the many animals. 

We I ate tons of candy that was bought for the trick or treaters. I swear I ate so much candy that I thought my mouth was going to be raw.


Made an "easy" pumpkin pie. I cheated with the mix, and it is delish. I love making things that only call for three ingredients. Three ingredients is easy on my budget.



We carved our pumpkin. In the past few years, we've done the fancy designs from a carving kit. This year we went with the quick and easy jack - o - lantern.








Pom Pom waited patiently for the trick-or-treaters

 Of course the girls were right by my side and other my feet. They're like my crazy shadows.

I also saved the pumpkin seeds and roasted them.

I tossed them in olive oil and them sprinkled salt on top ... then baked for 20 minutes.
 Next, I followed Darby's recipe and made a little pumpkin seed trail mix. 
Equal parts dried cranberries, chocolate chips (Darby used milk chocolate, but I substituted white), and roasted pumpkin seeds. 

It is so yummy.







Finished the night off a scary movie. Oh course I fell asleep about 20 minutes in. Does anymore have a suggestion for how to stay awake for an entire movie???
I am up for suggestions.


So without further ado - Happy Halloween - One day late!



I have lots of posts in mind. Hopefully I will get them out of my brain and into blogger. 
Also, check back soon for a special Stella Bella Boutique Anniversary Special!!

Also, just a random note - I will be 12 weeks preggo tomorrow! Time is going fast and slow at the same time. I know that probably doesn't make any sense, but that's how I feel. I am excited to almost be over the 1st trimester. I am excited for my little baby bump to grow. Ok, I won't say anymore. I'll save the preggo thoughts for another post. 


No comments: