homeaboutmecontactpicturehomepinterestshop

Friday, December 4, 2009

it's a festivus miracle

It has begun. Our house is slowly beginning to take on the resemblance of a winter wonderland. Come along with me as I take you on a tour of some of my favorite Christmas decor inspirations.

Here we go...


I truly love everything monogrammed. Last night, E and I picked out our Christmas tree. They always cut the stray branches off the bottom, so this year I asked if I could keep them. I am thinking about using the branches to make this. It can't be too difficult right?
Lovely non traditional holiday greenery ... and who doesn't love a wood burning fireplace? I am a fan of the mossy green ... so unexpected, but so fitting.


A much cheaper alternative than buying a real wreath. Take a walk around your neighborhood and collect a couple stray cones, then put them to use making this super easy swag.

Isn't this a great way to coordinate red and green into unexpected places? Take the items you already have and add a couple of accents here and there.

If you're like me and not a huge fan of the poinsettia, then use the ever classic red rose to add a little holiday cheer.


Super classy huh?
Candy canes are not only for the tree. You can use them as an inexpensive addition to any room. Last year, I filled our creamer with canes to create an effect similar to this picture. It was amazing how it added a little sweetness to our kitchen table.

I am lovin' how this one broke out of the red and green box. E and I's bedroom is traditionally blue and yellow and I am still trying to think of a way to add a little festivity to the room. Any ideas?

Yet another use for those bottom branches I collected last night. Too bad I don't have the granite and farmhouse sink to go along.

I totally copied this simple and stylish way of handing a wreath. Can't wait to get all of my decorating finished so I can share pictures with you.

And last but not least, the non traditional advent calendar garland. I think it would be really fun to make this and write a scripture for each day. What a great way to prepare your heart for the season for the birth of the Son of God.


1 comment:

Jenn said...

What a lovely post - you have some great ideas! Can't wait to see all you decorations.