homeaboutmecontactpicturehomepinterestshop

Monday, October 10, 2011

I'm really excited about today's post

Hello Boggers :)
Hope you all had a fabulous weekend. 
Eric is currently writing a paper ... boo ... so I thought I would take the opportunity to catch up on all of the things I want to share with you all.

This weekend Eric turned 29 and we were able to celebrate big time! We began the day with breakfast at Dunkin Doughnuts and a trip to the farmer's market. I took a bunch of pictures at the farmers market that I'll share soon - I got real stressed out at how much I still suck at using our real camera ... but oh well.

After the farmers market, we took a much needed nap while little P napped. 
Then, we packed up the car and drove to Newport, KY to meet our families for dinner.
We had dinner at Brio to celebrate Eric and my dad.
The meal was great and Parker was good considering how long we were there.


Oh and before I forget to mention it ...earlier in the week we snuck away for an amazing date to the Melting Pot.
One of the college girls in the small group that I lead volunteered to babysit for FREE :) 
It was such a treat. 

Back to Eric's actual birthday ...
After dinner, we drove back to Lexington and put little P to bed.
Eric read GoodN Night Moon for the 1,000th times, sang "I love you Lord," and gave him a "few" good night kisses.

While Eric put little P to bed, I set up a special surprise for us.

A couple of weeks ago, Jen posted about the fort her and Ben built in the middle of their living room for their anniversary weekend. I LOVED the idea. So sweet ... and you'll never too old for a fort right?













 We caught up on this week's episode of Modern Family (currently my favorite show) and talked about what we want for our little families future. We talked about traditions we want to start, foster care, our jobs, and how much fun it will be to build a fort for Parker someday.


It was the perfect end to the day! 

Happy Belated Birthday Eric :)
Next year will be the big 3-0!


 






No comments: