homeaboutmecontactpicturehomepinterestshop

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

completely random

A few random things



1. I came in from work today and Parker and Eric were asleep on the couch. It was adorable. I couldn't believe how long Parker looked. He seriously looked like a little boy.

2. We've moved past the world of swaddling and graduated to the Aden and Anais sleep sack.

3. Things at work have been stressful and uncertain. A lot of changes are taking place. I love working with children and families. I do not want that to change. I also love being part-time and having the opportunity to spends lots of time with my little man. I am trying to cling to God's history of faithfulness. He never fails us.

4. I want to do something more creative with my life. I'm not sure what that would look like. 
Maybe more jewelry stuff ... maybe a pop up shop ... maybe decorating a room in my house.



5. I have decided to stop pumping (since about 3 weeks I've pumped 100% of the time and given Parker the breast milk). We're weeding out possible allergies and I finally came to the decision that switching to formula was best for our family. I'm throwing all self-imposed guilt to the wind. 

6. Does anyone else find that guilt tries to creep into a lot of areas of motherhood.

7. I love my little man more than I could have ever dreamed.

8. I am so excited to watch the premier of Up All Night.

9. I am even more excited for Eric and I to getaway next weekend for my bestie Shannon's wedding. She is going to be the most beautiful bride. I can't wait to see her all dolled up.

10. I can't wait to wear a pretty dress to the wedding.

11. I can't wait to wear Fall clothes. Especially boots.



12. I have a new addiction to lattes. Eric and I have been making them at home and it's AMAZING.

13. When I was driving to work today, I kept thinking about how much motherhood involves sharing your body. Pregnancy and breastfeeding are such amazing and self-sacrificing experiences. It is so good to go through these sanctifying experiences. God made women with such amazing purposes. 

14. We've started a bedtime routine. It's so much fun. I think it is really good for little man. It goes a little something like bottle, change diaper, put on pjs and sleep sack, read goodnight moon, sing a short worship song, prayers (usually for a full nights sleep:), turn on sound machine, and lots of kisses on his forehead ... close the door and hope that I don't see his precious face again until 8:00am.



15. Eric started graduate school this month. I am so proud of him. He is going to make a wonderful school counselor one. He will make lasting impact in the life of students ... I am sure of it. 

16. Motherhood is such a continuous transition. Babies, or children for this matter are always changing. Therefore, parents always need to be changing. I have found myself experiencing a lot of unexpected anxiety about this. I like things to be orderly and in my control. I am making daily attempts to surrender my anxieties and fears to Christ. Why do I worry about one thing, when before I know it, it will pass and there will be another thing to worry about. I want to live in the moment and remember that -this too shall pass-.


2 comments:

Cory said...

YAY for an update! I can't wait to catch up & get to chat more next weekend!
There is nothing to feel guilty about...EVER. I totally know how you feel, but allowing yourself to be free from any guilt will only make you a better mom. I'm so proud of you & think that you've done a wonderful job.

Teach me how to make lattes at home!!!!

Miss Karen said...

Oh my gosh, I hadn't seen a recent picture of Parker. He is so cute.

I heard Eric's 1st wedding ceremony went well.

I know you are proud of both your men.