homeaboutmecontactpicturehomepinterestshop

Friday, October 16, 2009

a satchel if you will

A Christmas gift exchange has been a tradition among my closest girlfriends since my high school days. Last year, we switched things up a little bit and added the stipulation that each gift needed to be handmade. Because I adore it so very much, I wanted to share with you the gift I received last year.

Check out the lovely knit bag! I love this bag because it is the prefect size to carry a book and a planner, but small enough to be used simply as a purse {I love huge purses}. My friend knitted the entire purse by hand with a felt like yarn. Then, she stitched piece together and threw it in the washing machine. I added the hounds tooth bow that I found at a local vintage shop.

Please feel free to email me if you have any questions about the purse. Unfortunately, I do not have any step by step photos of this project.

My favorite part of the bag, is the side pocket. This convenient little pocket creates the perfect little spot for my cell phone.



3 comments:

Cory said...

ahh i love it and wish i had one too!! the scarf is exactly what i pictured it needed when i made it :) i can give anyone the link to the step by step if they would like to make one!

Pamela said...

oooh i want the link! not that i am probably capable of making it. but i have knitted a scarf...

Cory said...

http://www.crochetme.com/Apr_May_2005/patt_pike_place_market_bag.html

there is the link. the bag is actually done in crochet, but it uses very basic stitches. :)