homeaboutmecontactpicturehomepinterestshop

Friday, October 9, 2009

a friday tune and shout out



Good morning! Happy Friday blogger friends. Another rainy Friday here in the bluegrass state. I feel like I have been noting the Friday rain way too often. I can't complain, I am not ready for the frigid cold.

As it's become a little tradition, here is a Friday tune for your enjoyment.

I don't usually talk about politics on the blog, but today I thought it was only appropriate to recognize President Obama being awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. May we all be citizens who advocate for human rights, especially if that person is different than you. If we only advocate for people who look, think, and act like us, then we are only proponents of self. These recent events, made me think of the words of

Micah 6:8
And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God.

Warning: Sudden change of subject. redone + revived: a kentucky guest bedroom

Another thing I wanted to be sure to mention was a lovely blog, raenovate. Rachel, the author of raenovate and interior designer from New Jersey, contacted me a couple of weeks ago, wanting to write a post about the guest bedroom remodel I shared with you all. Be sure to head on over and check out her blog dedicated to bringing you a glimpse of all things reinvigorated, refreshed, and revived.


ps - only three days left of teensitting.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

yay rach!! look at you getting a Martha Stewart comparison. I'd like to point out that you are a thrifty/reasonable spender while Martha is not so much. I want her glitter, but it's soo expensive.

LOVE!

pve design said...

very nice work. I love a good DIY!
Take care on this rainy friday.
I was born and raised in KY! (Now living in NY for many years!)
nice blog....
pve

pve design said...

My old Kentucky Home-is in Louisville!
pve